Welcome to our ingenious, fun and free Inventions trivia quiz!
We offer you to take our most interesting and intriguing Inventions trivia quiz and to learn more about most remarkable inventions that changed our life! The term “invention” means a unique and novel article of manufacture, device, machine, method, or process. All inventions must have utility, be non-obvious, and need to be proven as workable. Inventions are patented; patents are very important as they legally protect the intellectual property rights of the inventor. It is interesting to know that Samuel Winslow was granted the first patent in North America for a novel process for making salt in 1641. The contribution of inventors to our life and culture is enormous, that‘s why many countries celebrate the Inventor’s Day and other observances devoted to famous inventors, e.g. March 7 is observed as Alexander Graham Bell Day. Now we would like to offer you some interesting facts about world-renowned inventions and inventors that you may be curious to learn:
- The earliest form of patent rights was recognized in Ancient Greece;
- Thomas Edison electrocuted an elephant in 1903 to prove Nikola Tesla’s alternating current was dangerous;
- Thomas Edison, an American inventor famous for the invention of the phonograph and the long-lasting, practical electric light bulb, had no college degree;
- The can opener was invented 48 years after cans were introduced;
- The Celsius temperature scale was proposed only in the 18 century;
- The velocipede, invented by Baron Karl von Drais and regarded as the precursor of a modern bicycle, is called a dandy horse;
- Thomas Edison held 1,093 US patents in his name;
- Benjamin Franklin never patented any of his inventions.
We hope that these cool trivia will inspire you to take our amazing Inventions trivia quiz, to learn more about famous inventors and their inventions! We also offer you to try your hand at other related quizzes! Try our challenging Science trivia quiz to become an expert at different scientific branches! We offer you to test your erudition in Astronomy, Physics, Medicine, Biology, etc.
Start our absorbing game right away to earn as many WisePoints as possible! Your outstanding results may bring you to the top of our weekly rating! Good luck!